24 Hour Vegetable Salad RecipeTagged in Vegetables
* Place salad greens in a 2 1/2- to 3-quart clear straight-sided bowl or souffle dish. Peel carrot. Using vegetable peeler carefully cut carrots into long, paper-thin ribbons. Set aside. Layer atop salad greens in the following order: mushrooms, 1/4 cup of the cheese, olives, cucumbers, carrot ribbons, and green onions.
* For dressing, in small bowl combine the mayonnaise or salad dressing, yogurt, orange peel, crushed red pepper, and ground black pepper. Spread dressing over top of salad, sealing to edge of bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
* Cover salad tightly with plastic wrap. Chill for 2 to 24 hours. Garnish with orange slices, walnuts, and orange peel strips. Just before serving toss to coat vegetables. 6-8 SVG.
* Make Ahead: Assemble this salad up to 24 hours before serving. Garnish and toss just before serving.
- 5 cup torn mixed salad greens
- 1 med carrot
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted
- kalamata olives
- 1 med cucumber
- and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- (1 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 x to 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/8 x to 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 med orange
- peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Orange peel strips (optional)
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.