Abagail's Fajita's RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
Heat tofu cubes in toaster oven or microwave before frying in 425 degree oil. Remove from oil and reserve. Saute and brown onions and peppers and remove from heat. Make guacamole with the avacado, lemon or lime juice, garlic and salt. Heat the bean mixture and place in a serving dish. Refry the tofu cubes after about 5 or 10 minutes for a minute until a crunchy brown crust forms. Drain cubes from oil and then saute into onion and pepper mixture and bring back up to heat.Place several serving bowls on the table: bean sauce, guacamole, salsa, and Nayonaise. Bring the sizzling hot frying pan with the tofu and pepper and onions to the table and place on a wire rack. Let each person build his own extra large fajita:First, spread the tortilla with bean dip, guacamole, Nayonaise and salsa. Then, heap the tofu and veges in the center of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half, then fold up the edges and continue wrapping until the fajita is closed like a big burrito.This is very difficult to make, but well worth the effort.Great when you crave extra flavor for dinner. You must, must, MUST twice fry the tofu. They will not pick up a crunchy crust if you only fry them once. You also must preheat the tofu before frying because the oil temperature will drop too much to cook the tofu quickly if you put the cubes into the oil when they are cold.
- 1 8oz. block extra firm organic tofu cut into one inch cubes and heated oil for deep frying
- 1/3 cup of your favorite salsa 1 large pepper cut into strips 1 large onion cut into rings 1 ripe haas avacado 2 tbsps lemon or lime juice
- freshly squeezed 2 tbsps minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 steamed burrito sized flour tortillas 1/3 cup of fantastic foods refried bean mix
- made into thick bean sauce or 1/2 cup of homemade refried bean sauce (your recipe) a few tablespoons of Nayonaise (tofu vegan mayonnaise)
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.