Arizona Desert Chili RecipeTagged in Chili
1. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Add garlic, onions and green pepper. Saute until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add beef and lightly brown on all surfaces. Drain off some of the fat if a lot has accumulated. Lean beef trimmed of all fat should not have an excess amount, however.
3. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour or slightly longer. Put a cover on skillet during cooking time, and slightly tilt it so steam can escape. Check often and stir to prevent sticking. Skim off fat as it rises. Best if allowed to sit, tightly covered, for an hour after cooking is complete.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves -- chopped
- 2 onions -- chopped
- 1 green bell peppers -- chopped
- 3 pounds beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 10 tomatoes -- peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers -- optional
- 1 can beer
- * Have beef chopped
- not ground.
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.