Baked Orzo With Seafood And Feta RecipeTagged in Pasta
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the orzo, stirring well, and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Remove the skin and any bones from the halibut; cut into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
Heat the oil in a 10- to 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Put the onion into the pan and saut� 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saut� 2 minutes. Pour the tomatoes and broth into the pan and stir in the sugar, herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir often. (The sauce can be made a day in advance. Cool, cover and refrigerate. Reheat before continuing with the next step.)
Remove the pan from the heat. Stir the orzo and halibut into the sauce. Cover and bake 8 minutes. Gently fold the shrimp and parsley into the pan and sprinkle the feta on top. Continue baking, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly and the halibut is cooked through. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
NOTE: A 7-ounce pouch of water-packed tuna can replace the halibut and shrimp in this recipe. Following the instructions in step 4, add the tuna to the sauce with the orzo. Bake 8 minutes covered, then uncover and continue baking 8 to 10 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta (1 3/4 cups cooked)
- 1 pound halibut
- fillet or steak
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- peeled and minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked baby shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese seasoned
- with basil and dried tomatoes
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.