Beans And Wieners Under Cornbread RecipeTagged in Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Brown wieners in skillet. Cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Mix beans, catsup, mustard, sugar, molasses and pepper sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Stir in wieners. (This much can be fixed ahead and refrigerated.)
Meanwhile, saut� green onion in oil until soft. Set aside.
Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in green onion with oil.
Mix eggs and milk in small bowl. Stir into flour mixture until smooth and spoon over casserole. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- 2 (12 ounce) package all-beef wieners
- 4 (16 ounce) cans vegetarian beans
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons hot-pepper sauce
- 2 scallions
- including part of the green
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.