Beef In Creamy Mushroom Sauce RecipeTagged in Main Meals
Stir cornstarch into water; set aside. Trim fat from beef steak. Cut beef
into thin strips, about 1 1/2 ? 1/2 inch.
Spray 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high
heat. Cook onion, garlic, salt and pepper in skillet about 3 minutes,
stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in beef and bell pepper.
Cook about 4 minutes, stirring frequently until beef is no longer pink.
Stir in mushrooms.
Add brandy to skillet; sprinkle bouillon granules over beef mixture. Heat
to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 minute. Stir in sour cream.
Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook over medium-high heat about 2 minutes,
stirring frequently, until thickened. Stir in chives. Serve over
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound lean beef boneless sirloin steak -- about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small onion -- chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic -- crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper -- cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 cups hot cooked mostaccioli
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.