Black-eye Peas And Rice RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
Chop the onion and saute it in a good size frying pan with the broth.
If you are using fresh tomatoes, add them and cook until they are
soft. Stir in the remaining ingredients and heat through.
Makes about 3-4 servings, as a main course casserole
NOTES: Don't drain the tomatoes and black-eyes completely. You need a
little "juice" to make it a nice mushy (comforting) casserole.
This recipe was from a TV program here in Raleigh NC called "Southern
Sportsman". I just took out the oil and bacon.
- 1 onion
- water/broth for saute
- 1 15oz can peeled tomatoes
- drained or equivalent amount of fresh tomatoes (~1.5 cups)
- 1 15oz can Black Eye Peas
- 2 cups cooked white rice (I used a mixture of white/brown basmati)
- garlic powder for seasoning
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.