Braised Beef With Brandy & Mustard RecipeTagged in Beef
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a Dutch oven or deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add meat and brown on all sides. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and drain off all the fat in the pan. Return the pan to the heat and immediately add brandy, stirring to scrape up any browned bits in the bottom. Cook until the brandy is reduced to a syrupy glaze. Stir in stock, mustards, shallots, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, juniper berries and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Return meat to the pan, cover tightly and place in the oven. Bake, turning the meat every 30 minutes, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until very tender. Remove bay leaf and season the sauce with pepper. Cut the meat into thin slices, arrange on platter and spoon the sauce over.
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds Bottom round steak -- trimmed
- of fat and membrane
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 2 cups Defatted beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Coarse-grained mustard
- 2 tablespoons Provence-style or Dijon -- mustard
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 Shallots -- peeled and thinly
- 4 Sun dried tomatoes (not oil -- packed)
- cut into sl
- 3 large Garlic cloves -- peeled and
- thinly sliced
- 6 Juniper berries
- Freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.