Bread Pudding In Pumpkins RecipeTagged in Thanksgiving
Wash pumpkins; cut off tops and discard. Scoop out seeds and loose fibers (save seeds for another use if desired).
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Stir in the bread cubes, pineapple, walnuts and raisins. Spoon into pumpkin shells. Place on a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan. Loosely cover tops with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/4 hours.
Uncover; bake 15-30 minutes longer or until pumpkin is soft and a knife inserted near the center of bread pudding comes out clean.
To serve, scoop bread pudding and cooked pumpkin into dessert dishes.
Yield: 6-8 servings.
- 2 medium pie pumpkins (about 3 pounds each)
- 4 eggs
- lightly beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups cubed crustless day-old bread
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.