Broccoli-ham Soup RecipeTagged in Soups
In a 3-quart saucepan cook the chopped onion in butter or margarine till tender but not brown. Stir in flour, chicken bouillon granules, mustard, thyme, and pepper. Add milk and water all at once. Cook and stir over medium-high heat till thickened and bubbly.
Stir fresh broccoli flowerets or frozen cut broccoli and cubed ham into saucepan.
Return to boiling. reduce heat; simmer for 4 to 6 minutes more or till the broccoli is tender and the soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme crushed 1/8-tsp pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets or frozen cut broccoli
- 1 1/2-cups cubed fully cooked ham
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.