Carnation? Chicken And Wild Rice Soup RecipeTagged in Soups
HEAT vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
ADD rice, broth, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine small amount of evaporated milk and cornstarch in small bowl; stir until smooth. Add to saucepan with remaining evaporated milk and wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until soup is thickened. Garnish with green onions and almonds.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- prepared according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE? CARNATION? Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- sliced green onions and toasted slivered almonds (optional)
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.