Chicken Divan Casserole RecipeTagged in Chicken
1. Place chicken in a Dutch oven; add water and *Bouquet Garni (3 sprigs fresh parsley, 1 bay leaf, 6 whole black peppercorns, 1/2 tsp dried whole thyme, all enclosed in a double layer of cheesecloth and tied securely). Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken and Bouquet Garni from broth, reserving 2 cups broth. Discard Bouquet Garni. Chill reserved broth, and skim congealed fat from surface. Bone and slice chicken; set aside.
2. Cook broccoli according the package directions. Drain well. Arrange broccoli spears crosswise in a 13x9x2" baking dish. Set aside. Melt margerine in a large skillet over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add reserved broth; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in milk, sherry, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour half of sauce over broccoli and top with chicken slices. Add 2 tablespoons cheese to remaining sauce in skillet; stir until well blended, and pour over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese, and bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until casserole is thoroughlyheated and top is golden brown.
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken breast halves
- 6 cups Water
- 1 Bouquet Garni*
- 20 ounces Frozen broccoli spears
- 2 tablespoons Corn oil margerine
- 1/4 cup (+ 1 Tb) All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Evaporated skim milk
- 3 tablespoons Cooking sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon White pepper
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.