Chicken Wings Gumbo Style RecipeTagged in Chicken
1. Remove and discard wing tips; reserve remaining wings.
2. In large skillet, cook bacon until browned; remove with slotted spoon
3. Add chicken wings; brown on all sides and remove with slotted spoon.
4. Add bell pepper and celery; saute until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
5. Add beef; cook, stirring to crumble, until browned.
6. Drain off fat; add tomatoes, chicken broth, thyme, allspice, cayenne
and black peppers and chicken.
7. Simmer, covered, until chicken is almost tender, about 15 minutes.
8. Add lima beans and corn; simmer, covered, until chicken and vegetables
are tender, about 5 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with bacon and serve over steamed rice.
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 3 Bacon slices -- chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice -- ground
- 2/3 cup Green bell pepper -- chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup Celery -- chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 2/3 cup Lima beans
- 1 can Tomatoes -- broken up(28oz)
- 2/3 cup Corn kernels
- 3/4 cup Chicken broth
- Steamed rice
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.