Chicken-rice Casserole RecipeTagged in Main Meals
Heat oven to 350?. Heat margarine in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly;
remove from heat. Stir in milk and broth. Heat to boiling, stirring
constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour
into ungreased 2-quart casserole or square baking dish, 8 ? 8 ? 2 inches.
Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with parsley.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken or turkey (about 10
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces -- drained
- Parsley -- if desired
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.