Coconut Vegetable Curry RecipeTagged in Vegetables
1. Layer the eggplant in a bowel, sprinkling with salt as you go. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse well under cold running water to remove all the salt. Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the garlic, chili, ginger, onion and spices and fry over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. Stir in the tomato paste, broth, lemon juice, potatoes and cauliflower and mix well. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the eggplant, pumpkin, green beans and coconut milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Return to the boil and continue to simmer, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes, or until tender.
6. Serve immediately garnished with coconut and thick slices of rye bread.
- 1 large eggplant cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh green chili
- 1 teaspoon grated root ginger
- 1 onion
- finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 oz potatos
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 8 ounces pumpkin
- 8 ounces frozen green beans
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut to serve
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.