Curried Lentils And Vegetables RecipeTagged in Vegetables
Rinse lentils and drain.
In a Dutch oven combine lentils, water, carrots, onoins, celery, garlic, curry powder, ginger (or use 1/4 t ground ginger), and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or till lentils are tender.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together yogurt, tomato, and parsley, if desired. Serve with lentil mixture.
- 2 cups Dry Lentils (10 oz.)
- 4 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped Carots
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped onions
- 1 cup Chopped Celery
- Clove garlic -- minced
- 3 teaspoons Curry powder (or less)
- 1 teaspoon Grated fresh Gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Plain lo-fat Yogurt
- Med Tomato -- chopped
- 1 tablespoon Snipped fresh Parsley (opt.)
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.