Curry Delight RecipeTagged in Vegetables
Cook and stir the meat and onion in a Dutch oven until the meat is brown. Drain off the excess fat. Stir in the UNDRAINED tomatoes and the remaining ingredients except the peanuts, breaking up the tomatoes when you add them. TO COOK THE DUTCH OVEN: Heat the mixture to boiling then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, about 30 to 45 minutes. (A small amount of water can be added if necessary.) Garnish with the chopped peanuts just before serving. TO COOK IN THE OVEN: Turn the mixture into an ungreased 3-quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F., stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, about 45 to 55 minutes. Garnish with the chopped peanuts just before serving.
- 2 pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Onion; Chopped -- 1 Lg
- 16 ounces Tomatoes -- 1 Cn
- 1 1/4 cups Apple; Cored -- Chopped
- Curry Powder -- 1 to 1 1/2 Tb
- 2 teaspoons Beef Bouillon -- Instant
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 cup Rice; Regular -- Uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- Peanuts -- Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coconut -- Optional
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 1 tablespoon Chutney -- Chopped
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.