Double Crust Bean Pie RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and green pepper until tender. Sir in beans, salsa, red bell pepper, chili powder, cayenne and black pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Spoon half of the mixture into one of the pie crusts and cover with half of the cheese. Repeat with remaining beans and cheese. Top with remaining crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crusts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.