Easy Spaghetti Casserole RecipeTagged in Casserole
1. In a 5-6 qt. dutch oven, cook the ground chuck, onion, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring often to break up lumps of meat, until beef loses its pink color (about 8 min.)
2. Add tomatoes with their juice, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, bay leaf and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until slightly thickened about 20 min.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot of lightly salted water, cook spaghetti until just tender, about 9 minutes. Drain well.
4. Preheat oven to 350F. Add spaghetti, and 1 cup of cheese to the sauce; stir gently to mix. Transfer to a lightly oiled very large baking dish.
Sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake until top is lightly browned and casserole is bubbling; about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 1 1/2 cups Ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 1 large Onion -- chopped
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 large Green pepper -- chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 pound Fresh mushrooms -- sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 20 milliliters Garlic -- minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 can 35 oz Italian peeled tomatos
- 1 pound Spaghetti
- linguine -- or
- chopped and juice
- -- reserved
- 1 can 12 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.