Fried "chicken" RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
This is junk food of the vegan gods.
Make your seitan according to
directions, molding into "strips".
When all done and cooled, cut into
Mix together salt, onion, pepper, cayenne, nutritional. yeast, baking powder and
garlic powder in a pie plate or wide bowl. In a second bowl, mix water, mustard
and 1/3 cup of the flour. Add the rest of the flour to the
Heat the oil in a deep fry pan or skillet. Coat a "strip" with the mustard
batter and then dip into the flour
mixture (crust). Place carefully into hot oil,
and fry on both sides until crispy and
Nutritional information: not very healthy when it
hits the pan.
- 1 pound seitan (use Quick Seitan recipe from this web site)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- cayenne (optional)
- 2 cup unbleached flour (use white if you want a traditional feel)
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast (gives color and flavor)
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard (or spicy mustard if you dare!)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder optional
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 cup vegetable oil
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.