Green Beans, Potatoes, And Ham RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
In a large pot:
1. If using fresh garlic/onion sauté in veg oil.
2. Add can(s) of green beans and potatoes (including liquid)
3. Add all other ingredients, mix well
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until
desired doneness - I normally let it go for 20 - 30 minutes
as it helps the flavors blend.
Please note: I wrote a letter to Betty Crocker to confirm
Bacos are vegan. Per Betty Crocker (in response to my
letter of 11/01/00) they are vegan but they also put in the
disclaimer that they can change the ingredients at any time
and may not specify animal ingredients on the label. I hear
there are some textured soy protein subs for 'ham' out there so you might
want to use one of those from a veg company instead.
This is great topped with chopped/slices fresh garden
tomatoes and served with 'buttered' vegan bread.
- 1 large can green beans potatoes combo *OR*
- 3:2 ratio of individual cans (3 cans of green beans and 2 cans of potatoes)
- garlic powder OR 2 cloves fresh (or to taste)
- dried onion OR 3 med. onion slices
- diced (or to taste)
- steak sauce OR soy sauce
- about 3 Tablespoons
- may need to adjust for salt content
- bits or chips (I prefer chips)
- salt and pepper to taste (for pepper
- I use a pepper blend)
- optional: mushrooms
- fresh or canned
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.