Half-hour Chili RecipeTagged in Chili
In a Dutch oven or a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, jalapenos, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the onions and carrots are soft. Add tomatoes with their juice and the sugar; cook for 5 minutes over high heat. Stir in beans and bulgur, and reduce heat to low. Simmer the chili, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until thckened. Serve with yogurt, scallions and cilantro or parsley on the side. Serves 4. *with their juice +drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 3 Onions -- chopped
- 1 Carrot -- chopped
- 1 tablespoon Minced jalapeno peppers
- 2 Cloves garlic -- minced
- 3 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 28-oz. can tomatoes* -- choppe
- 1 14-oz. can tomatoes* -- choppe
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
- 2 15-oz. cans red kidney beans
- 1/3 cup Fine-or medium-grain bulgur
- 1/2 cup Ow-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup Hopped scallions
- 1/4 cup Hopped fresh cilantro or par
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.