Hearty Meatless Chili RecipeTagged in Chili
One of the following soup mixes can be used.
Onion, Onion-Mushroom, Beefy Mushroom. ** Use either chick peas or garbanzos, rinsed and drained. *** Rinse and drain the Kidney beans. **** Tomatoes should be whole peeled tomatoes UNdrained and chopped. ***** Celery stalk should be coarsely chopped. In large saucepan or stockpot, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until lentils are almost tender. Remove cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, an additional 30 minutes or until liquid is almost absorded and lentils are tender. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked brown or white rice and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 Env. Soup Mix *
- 4 cups Water
- 16 ounces (1 can) Chick Peas **
- 16 ounces (1 can) Red Kidney Beans ***
- 14 1/2 ounces (1 can) Tomatoes ****
- 1 cup Lentils -- Rinsed & Drained
- 1 Large Stalk Celery *****
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Med. Clove Garlic Fine Chop
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.