Incredibly Easy Bean And Corn Soup RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
1. Rinse and drain beans.
2. Put with remaining ingredients in a large soup pot. Simmer until heated through.
Note: this is just a bare outline of a really quick and easy
soup that cries out for personalization: Add any of the
ingredients from the options list as you see fit (if you're
using raw veggies, saute them briefly in the pot before
adding all the other ingredients). Use pinto beans or kidney
beans instead of black beans. Omit the rice. You get the
idea. And the proportions are just an outline too--if you
use less stock, for instance, this "soup" will be very thick
and can be used as a dip for tortilla chips or as a filling
for burritos, etc.
- 1 can (15 oz/425 g) black beans
- 1 can (15 oz/425 g) corn or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 4 - 6 cups veggie stock
- additional optional Ingredients (use vegan versions): grated soy cheddar
- hot sauce
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.