Italian Vegetable Ragout RecipeTagged in Stew
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook potatoes, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower for five minutes. Add Swiss chard and boil one minute more. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Drain vegetables; set aside.
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and garlic; saute three minutes. Stir in marjoram, reserved cooking liquid, tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, salt and pepper, and reserved vegetables. Stir well, cover, and cook over medium-low heat until vegetables are just cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Stir in chick peas and just heat through. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with basil. Serve over whole wheat spaghetti or steamed brown rice.
- 1 pound Boiling potatoes -- peeled
- cut in 1 1/2" cubes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts -- - tough leaves remov
- ends trimmed -- - cut in half
- 1 medium Cauliflower -- - cut in large flore
- 1 pound Swiss chard -- - tough stems remove
- torn in bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 1 cup Chopped celery
- 3 large Garlic cloves -- - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh marjoram or
- 1 teaspoon Dried marjoram
- 1 large Zucchini -- ends trimmed
- cut in 1" cubes
- 2 large Carrots -- peeled
- sliced thickly -- - on the diagonal
- 1 teaspoon Coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces Can chick peas -- drained
- rinsed with water
- -----SERVE OVER-----
- Whole wheat spaghetti or
- Steamed brown rice
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh basil
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.