Just Like Moms Chicken Soup RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
In a large pot, use a small amount of
olive oil to brown the seitan
(conserve the liquid and save for
later) with the garlic and oil. Seitan
should be slightly brown on at least
one side and most, if not all, of the
liquid should have evaporated off
and out of it.
Pour into the pot the seitan liquid and
the chicken-free broth. Stir and bring
Add the Orzo to the mixture and stir.
Chop the two celery stalks into half
moons (along the radius) and add to
mixture. Chop the carrots into either
half-moons or rings, depending on
the size of the carrot. Add the carrots
to the mixture.
Add salt, pepper, parsley and any
other seasonings you desire to the
broth. Allow to boil and cover.
Allow the mixture to boil return it to a
simmer. Cover, checking and
stirring occasionally. If liquid
decreases, add water until the broth
is the way you like it. Continue to
season if necessary.
Allow to simmer for about 20 - 30
minutes, or until carrots, celery and
orzo are tender, but not mushy, and
all seasonings have blended and
mellowed. Serve with warm vegan bread
and feel better.
- 1 container vegan chicken-style seitan
- 1 box vegan chicken-free broth (Imagine foods is best) **Make sure this is a "Chicken" style--not veggie--broth
- or the soup will taste wrong
- 2 stalks celery
- 2-3 medium to large carrots
- orzo or other pastina (as much as you like/want - about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 1 clove garlic
- small amount of white onion
- water as needed
- and other seasonings (as desired) to taste
- olive oil
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.