Kurts Bean Soup RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
Cook onions, carrots & celery until soft.
Add water and bring to boil.
Add beans and remaining ingredients and return to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Sometime during the cooking process, remove about 1 cup of beans and broth. Puree &
return to soup. This should make your soup a little thicker. If you prefer a thinner
broth, omit this step.
I like to serve this soup with a Natural Touch Brand "Okara Patty" on a hard roll.
- 4 15.8 oz cans of great northern beans
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery w/leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry rosemary - more or less to taste
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 vegetarian bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon of soup base (I use vegetarian chicken style)
- 1/4 cup catsup for a little color
- 4 cups of water - more or less
- pepper and garlic to taste
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.