Leh RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
In a large stock pot, saute the onions, garlic, and
peppers. Add the veggie crumbles and cook until lightly
browned. Add beans, tomatos, tomato paste, and salsa.
Stir it up! Taste to see what it needs...season it to your
liking. I like to add chilli powder (just a touch), and
Cover and let it simmer until you find your
friend Neal eating from the pot (which is usually about 45
minutes/the time that it takes the aroma to fill the house).
This recipe is easy and delicious, and it satisfies all of
my meat-eating friends! Feel free to play around with it.
Sometimes I add corn, rice, lima beans....anything goes!
Oh, and serve with crispy tortilla chips and soy cheese on
top.... yummy... I am hungry!
- 1-2 yellow onions (chopped)
- 2 (or more) garlic cloves (minced)
- 2-3 green
- red or yellow peppers (chopped)
- 1 package of Gimme Lean (or any other non-meat crumbles)
- 1 can black eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 to 2 cans kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 very big can of whole tomatoes with liquid
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 jar of hot salsa
- herbs to taste and hot peppers if you can handle it!
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.