Lemon And Ginger Tofu With Beautiful Sauce RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
A delicious Thai inspired dish, which looks beautiful on a plate with colorful Thai vegetables. Substituting the lemon juice and rind for lime also works brilliantly and makes it much more Thai.1) Cut tofu into slices of the size you desire, I cut it into about 12 rectangular pieces2) Mix together garlic, ginger, spring onion (shallots), coriander powder, cumin, chilli paste, soy sauce, water, lemon juice, lemon rind, sugar, 1 tablespoon of the oil and the salt in a dish to make a marinade. Stir it well so all the flavours bond.3) Place the tofu in the marinade making sure each piece is well coated, cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, 2 or 3 hours would be ideal.4) Heat a frying pan up to medium-hot and put the rest of the oil (1 T) in it. Take the tofu out of the dish letting excess marinade drip back into the dish (do not discard the leftover marinade!) and cook tofu in pan for about 5 to 10 minutes, until nicely browned.5) When tofu is cooked, put it aside and keep it warm. I keep mine on a plate in the grill on the low setting. 6) Turn the pan down to low-medium and pour the leftover marinade (chunky bits and all) into it, stir for a minute or two and add the coconut milk, turning the heat down to low as you do so. Bring to the boil or until it reaches the desired consistency for the sauce (I like a thick sauce, but not too thick) and it's all ready. 7) Place the tofu on the steamed rice and pour the sauce over it. Serve the steamed vegetables next to the rice, garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy!
- 1 pack firm tofu (about 400 grams or 14 ounces) 2 cloves garlic
- finely chopped 1 tablespoon ginger
- freshly grated 2 tablespoon chopped spring onion (shallots) 1 teaspoon ground coriander 1 teaspoon cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon chilli paste
- more if you like (sambal oeleck
- if not available use chopped fresh red chilli) 2 tablespoon soy sauce 3 tablespoon water 4 tablespoon lemon juice freshly grater rind of 1 lemon 1-2 tablespoon brown vegan sugar 2 tablespoon vegetable oil pinch of salt 6-8 tablespoon coconut milk steamed jasmine rice steamed vegetables (I use a frozen mixture of Thai vegetables
- with carrots
- bamboo shoots
- bean sprouts
- capsicum etc.) ) coriander leaves to garnish
- if you like
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.