Lentil & Rice Casserole RecipeTagged in Vegetables
1. Put the lentils, rice and vegetable broth in a large flameproof casserole and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
2. Add the leek, garlic, tomatoes and their can juice, curry powder, chili powder, and all the vegetables to the pan.
3. Bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
- 1 cup split red lentils
- 1/3 cup long grain brown rice
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 leek
- cut into thick slices
- 3 garlic cloves
- 14 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 red bell pepper
- seeded and sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 8 small ears corn
- halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup green beansil
- salt and pepper
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.