Low Fat Creamy Potato Topping RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
In a pot with boiling water cook broccoli and carrots until
tender, about 10 min. Drain and place in food processor,
process until thoroughly chopped, scrap down sides and add
black beans. Blend until smooth and looks like gritty baby
food. Scrap down sides of bowl, add rest of ingredients.
It is better to not add cream cheese and margarine in one
big lump but spread throughout the food processor so that
it blends better. Keep processing until it has the
consistency of hummus. Serve warm over baked potatoes, or
toss with small shaped pasta. It is great if you want something different for
your potatoes. It can also be use as a dip.
*I don't know the nutrition info, but using reduced calorie
ingredients must make it low-fat.
- 1/2 cup broccoli stems
- fresh or frozen
- 1 medium carrot
- skinned and cut into sticks
- 1/3 cup black beans
- canned and drained
- 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon light vegan cream cheese or sour cream
- pinch of pepper and garlic powder
- pinch of dry vegetable stock (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegan Dijon mustard or any other spicy mustard
- 2-3 tablespoon vegan soymilk
- depends on how thick you want it to be
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.