Mama Casarez Tortilla Soup RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
1. Saute onion and chiles in oil.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Simmer for 45 minutes.
4. While the soup is still simmering, sprinkle the flour in
gradually (I use a sifter to prevent lumps).
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Garnish with advocado, tomato, chips, and cheese.
7. I especially enjoy this meal with an ice cold Corona or
- 3 14.5 oz. cans vegetable broth (I prefer Pritikin veggie broth)
- 1 small white onion (finely chopped)
- 2 4oz. can green chiles
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 4 ears fresh yellow corn (shucked & cut off cob)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 4 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Garnish: sliced advocado
- yellow corn tortilla chips
- sliced fresh tomato
- and soy cheddar
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.