Meatball Stroganoff RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
Heat oil in a medium size skillet. Shape Gimme Lean
into meatballs and cook until well browned over medium heat.
While meatballs are cooking, in another skillet, melt
margarine over medium heat and saute the onions for 5
minutes or until soft and translucent. Add mushrooms and
saute stirring for five minutes more.
Reduce heat to medium low, blend in 2 Tbsp. of flour
and cook stirring for 2 minutes. Raise heat to medium high
and add the broth and cook stirring constantly until thick
and smooth-3-5 minutes.
When meatballs are well browned add to mushroom
mixture. Add salt and pepper. Whisk in sour supreme and
mustard, then simmer, stirring until just heated through. 1-
Serve over rice or noodles.
Really good and easy to make! Meat eaters would have a
hard time believing this dish is vegan.
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 package Gimme Lean beef flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium size onion
- finely chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms
- finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon flour (whole wheat is ok)
- 1/2 cup vegan "sour cream" or vegan "cream cheese"
- 2 teaspoon vegan Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- noodles pasta or rice (brown is good)
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.