Mexican Bean Pie RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10 inch round cake pan or springform pan.
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, mix black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, olives, corn, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper. Season with cumin, chili power, and black pepper. Cook and stir until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Lay one tortilla flat on the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Spread 1/4 of the bean mixture on the tortilla. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese lightly over the bean mixture. Repeat layering, ending with a tortilla. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with salsa and sour cream for garnish.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- 5 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.