Midnight Munchies RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
In a constant attempt to impress my
non-vegan friends with my fabulous
vegan-sweets, I have come up with the best
way to cure an attack of the sweet tooth.
Combine all of the first 5 ingredients in a
small saucepan and stir until it comes to a
boil. Reduce heat to low, and let sit (no longer
than ten minutes otherwise it will be too thick)
Combine the rice crispies, the cocoa and the
whole wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Pour wet
mixture from saucepan into the dry
ingredients. Mix well. Add the extra tablespoon
of peanut butter. Mix well.
Line a small brownie pan with aluminum foil,
or a cookie sheet. (No need to grease)
Push the mixture into the pan, packing it down
so it is nice and firm.
Refrigerate. (For best results, if you haven't
already eaten the mixture, let refrigerate over
night) Cut into squares and serve.
The best remedy for the midnite munchies:))
- 1 cup of non-hydrogenated vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup of dry sweetener (Florida crystals
- or sucanat)
- 1 table spoon of molasses (or vegan maple syrup)
- 3 tablespoons of smooth all natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of vegan rice crispy cereal (any puffed rice cereal will do
- I've even used Kashi for a healthier HA! m.m)
- 1 tablespoon of smooth all natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour (any kind will do)
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.