Molasses Elephant Cookies RecipeTagged in Cakes
1. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. Place shortening, sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer set at medium speed to cream mixture until smooth and fluffy. Use low speed to beat in molasses and vinegar. Cover tightly and refrigerate 1 hour or more.
3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls, 3 inches apart, onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Just before baking, make a face or design with raisins or small pieces of dates on each cookie. Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until set when lightly touched.
4. Remove from cookie sheets and place on wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: about 40 large cookies.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.