Mrs. Gomez World Famous Nachos RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
1. soak beans and boil in pot of lightly
salted water for 2 hours, or until
2. heat up about 1.5 inches of veggie
oil in a pan.
3. mash avocado( I use a pastry cutter
to mash it to get all the chunks out).
FINELY (and I mean very fine) chop the
onion, the jalapenos and the garlic.
Add it to mashed avocado. Add tapatio
hot sauce ( like 4 or 5 good dashes)
and mix well. Add salt to taste and
then squeeze lemon juice on top. put in
4. chop tortillas into triangles. fry
in enough oil to cover until they are
golden (they tend to cook a bit after
removing them from pan, so do not
overcook). Put them on a paper towel to
drain and sprinkle with salt. set aside.
5. When beans are tender, add them to a
frying pan with heated oil and mash
adding cooking water from beans and
salt to desired consistency.
6. melt vegan cheese in micro.
7. Place chips in a large bowl. top
with mashed black beans, guacamole,
vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, more vegan cheese
eat and be merry.
**Salsa Fresca: you can either use
store bought (yuck) or make your own.
by hand finely chop 2 or three large
tomatoes, 3 jalapenos, 1/2 onion and
some cilantro. Mix all together and
sprinkle with lime juice and salt to
taste. best if refrigerated for a few
- 2 cups black beans ( not cooked)
- 2 avocados (very soft)
- 1/4 of a large onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- salsa fresca (recipe below)
- vegan cheese (follow your heart brand "vegan gourmet". It melts! )
- vegan sour cream
- 1 package medium package of corn tortillas
- tapatio hot sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 2 jalapenos
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.