New England Baked Beans RecipeTagged in Vegetables
1. Place beans in large saucepan with water to cover by 2 inches; heat to boiling and boil 2 minutes. Let stand, covered, 1 hour; drain. Return beans to pan and enough water to come to the top of the beans; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender but not soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Transfer beans and liquid to bean pot or 3-quart casserole.
2. Stir bacon and reamining ingredients into beans. Bake, covered, at 250F degrees for 1 hour; uncover and bake until desired thickness, 4-6 hours, stirring every hour.
- ? 1 pound dry packaged Navy beans
- ? 8 ounces sliced bacon
- ? 2 cups chopped onions
- ? 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ? 1/3 cup unsulphured molasses
- ? 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- ? 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- ? 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- ? 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- ? 2 bay leaves
- ? 2 teaspoons salt
- ? 1 teaspoon pepper
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.