Northern Italian Pizza Dough RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
1. Crumble the cake yeast into the 1-1/2 cups of warm water, stir and set aside.
2. Stir the flour and salt together in a bowl.
3. Add the olive oil and the water/yeast mixture to the flour, mix by hand until you have
a dough ball.
4. Knead the dough on a flat, floured surface for 5-10 minutes.
5. Put dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover tightly, and let rise for 1 1/2 to 2
hours until dough has doubled in size.
6. Split dough into halves (for 2 large crusts) or fourths (for 4 individual sized
crusts) and roll each section into a ball, flatten by hand (do not use a rolling pin) and
drape with covering on your flat surface. Let rise for another 30 minutes.
7. By hand, pull the dough into it's final shape (large and round). Do not use a rolling
pin, which squeezes the carbon dioxide out of the dough and results in a very boring
8. Top with your favorite toppings, and cook in a preheated 450 degree oven on baking
tiles or a pizza stone for about 10 minutes, or until toppings are done.
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour plus extra for kneading the dough.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2/3 of a cake of cake yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.