Paalak Moong (greens And Moong Bean Curry) RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
PS: I don't indicate suggested portions here - you may wish
to experiment with the the basic recipe and arrive at proportions
that suit your taste.
1. Heat oil and lightly fry cumin, garlic-ginger
paste and green chillies. Add onions and saute until onions
turn light brown. Add garama masala and fry for a few minutes
2. Add to the above finely diced (or pureed) tomatoes and
curry paste, and cook until you get a smooth gravy.
3. Pressure cook moong beans and greens, add to the
gravy and cook for a short while.
4. Garnish with cumin seeds lightly sauteed in butter
and a few sprigs of cilantro leaves.
This dish can be served with naan (roti/chappathi) or with rice.
- Greens (Spinach or other greens)
- Onions - cut into large strips
- Moong dhal (split de-husked green gram)
- Garlic-ginger paste
- Madras curry paste (available in Indian groceries)
- Green chillies (serrano peppers) - cut into thin strips
- Cumin seeds
- Garam masala
- Cilantro (coriander leaves)
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.