Pork Stew With Corn Bread Topping RecipeTagged in Vegetables
* Meat should be cut into 1-inch cubes. ** Use 1 small butternut or acorn squash, pared and cut into 1/2-inch *** See Sowest1 for recipe.
Seed peppers and cut 5 thin slices from each pepper and reserve. Chop remaining bell peppers (about 1/2 cup each).
Cook pork, sausage, onion and garlic in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until pork is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chopped bell peppers, broth, basil, cilantro and ground red chiles. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir corn, tomato, squash and olives into meat mixture; cook another 15 minutes.
Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare Cornbread Topping. Pour meat mixture into ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13 X 9 X 2-inches, or 3-quart shallow casserole. Pour Corn Bread Topping over meat mixture; carefully spread to cover, sealing to edge of dish.
Arrange reserved bell pepper slices on top. Bake until topping is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve with Fresh Tomato Salsa. CORN BREAD TOPPING: Mix all ingredients; beat vigorously for 30 seconds.
- 1 each Red Bell Pepper -- Small
- 1 each Yellow Bell Pepper -- Small
- 1 pound Pork; Boneless Loin -- *
- 1/2 pound Chorizo Sausage -- Bulk
- 1 cup Onion; Chopped -- 1 Large
- 2 each Cloves Garlic -- Finely Chopped
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 tablespoon Basil Leaves -- Dried
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro Leaves -- Dried
- 2 teaspoons Red Chiles -- Ground
- 1 cup Corn -- Whole Kernel
- 1 cup Tomato; Chopped -- 1 Medium
- 1 each Squash; Small -- **
- 2 1/4 ounces Sliced Ripe Olives -- Drained
- -----CORN BREAD TOPPING-----
- 1 1/2 cups Cornmeal -- Yellow
- 1/2 cup Unbleached Flour
- 1 cup Dairy Sour Cream
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 each Egg -- Large
- Fresh Tomato Salsa -- ***
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.