Potage De Printemps RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
This is my own invention- a sort of
Breton peasant-style soup with a creamy
luminous color- great on a cool spring
day. I don't bother peeling the
potatoes, because as long as they are
organic all you get with the skin is
extra nutrients and character!
1. Heat oil in a very large pot. Add
garlic, onion, and leek, and saute for
four minutes, or until slightly golden
2. Add carrots and potatoes, saute for
3. Add water and boullion cubes, heat
4. Stir until boullion dissolves, lower
heat to medium-low, cook until potatoes
and carrots are soft, maybe 20 minutes.
5. Add dandelion greens, stir.
6. Add pepper and mustard.
7. Stir in soymilk.
8. Add salt to taste and garnish with
9. Serve hot with crusty vegan bread, and enjoy!
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves organic garlic
- 1 small organic onion
- chopped coarsely
- 2-3 organic leek bulbs
- chopped into rings and separated
- 2 organic carrots
- chopped into coins
- 6 cups purified water
- a few dandelion leaves (make sure these are food grade
- not just from your lawn
- unless you live away from dogs and lawn-chemical pollution)
- fresh organic parsley
- 1 organic potato
- optionally peeled
- 2 vegan vegetable boullion cubes
- 2 teaspoon white pepper (black is alright
- but white is more aesthetically pleasing)
- 2 teaspoon ground vegan mustard seed
- 1/2 cup plain Silk soymilk
- salt to taste
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.