Scripture Cake RecipeTagged in Cakes
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in eggs, one at a time. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice and ground cloves and add alternately with the milk to the batter. Stir in the honey and fold in fruits and nuts; mix well. Bake in two greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans for one hour or until done. Cool for 30 minutes before removing cakes from pans to rack to finish cooling.
- 1 1/2 cups butter ? Psalms 55:21
- 2 cups granulated sugar ? Jeremiah 6:20
- 6 eggs ? Isaiah 10:14
- 4 1/2 cups flour ? I Kings 4:22
- 1/8 teaspoon salt ? Luke 14:34
- 2 teaspoons baking powder ? I Corinthians 5:6
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg ? II Chronicles 9:9
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon ? II Chronicles 9:9
- 2 teaspoons allspice ? II Chronicles 9:9
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves ? II Chronicles 9:9
- 2 tablespoons honey ? Judges 4:19
- 1/2 cup milk ? Judges 4:19
- 2 cups raisins ? II Samuel 16:1
- 2 cups chopped figs ? Song of Solomon 2:13
- 2 cups blanched
- slivered almonds ? Numbers 17:8
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.