Sour Cream Swiss Steak RecipeTagged in Meats
In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika and mustard; dredge the steak. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter. Cook steak on both sides until browned. Carefully add water; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
In a bowl combine the sour cream, onion, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and flour; stir until smooth. Transfer steak to a greased 2 1/2-quart baking dish; add sour cream mixture. Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 (3 pound) boneless round steak
- cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup finely-chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Additional paprika (optional)
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.