West Of The Pecos Casserole RecipeTagged in Casserole
Melt butter in a heavy skillet or kettle. Add meat, onion, pepper, mushrooms, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; cook until meat is brown. Add soup, corn and tomatoes; simmer 30 minutes.
Add cooked noodles. Pour into large casserole and let cool. Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees F.
A topping of grated Monterey jack or Cheddar cheese makes this dish special. This can be made a day or two ahead.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or more)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- to taste
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 (1 pound) can cream-style corn
- 1 (1 pound) can tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (12 ounce) package noodles
- and drained very well
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.