Indian Lentil Stew RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
Wash lentils, peel and cube potatoes add to
lentils. peal and slice carrots, add to lentils
and potatoes, set aside. In a large pot saute onion
in oil add, garlic, green chile, ginger,
garlic...saute till onion is translucent. Add
veg. broth, dal. potatoes, carrots, and
seasoning. Bring to boil and then reduce to
simmer till potatoes and carrots are soft...check
taste and add seasoning if needed.
Serve with cumin rice.
- 1 cup masoor dal (red lentils)
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 cup carrots peeled and sliced
- 4 cups veg broth
- 2tablespoon oil
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1tablespoon dhana jeera (cumin and coriander powder 50/50)
- 1 tspn cayenne powder
- 1/2 tspn garam masala
- 1/8 tspn turmeric
- salt to taste
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.