Southern Black-eyed Peas RecipeTagged in Vegetables
1. Rinse peas; soak overnight in cold water to cover. 2. Drain and put in Dutch oven with 2 quarts fresh water. 3. Add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer about 2 hours, or until peas begin to soften enough to mash easily. 4. Add water as needed.
- 1 pound Black-eyes peas -- dried
- 2 quarts Water
- 1 Onion -- chopped
- 1/3 cup Green bell pepper -- chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno pepper -- diced
- 1/3 cup Red bell pepper -- chopped
- 1 Celery rib -- chopped
- 1 Ham bone
- 1 Chunk salt pork
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Black pepper to taste
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.