Fresh Rolls - Thai Restaurant Style RecipeTagged in Vegetarian
Chop all of the vegetables, and toss in
a mixing bowl. Boil water in a pan at
least the width of the spring roll
skins. Submerge each skin in the boiling
water for a count of 5, then roll each
one as you go. (They want to stick
together like glue.)
Gently take the skin out of the water.
Run the skin under cold water for a few
seconds, so handling is easier. Wet a
plate, and spread out the spring roll
skin. Place the filling on the s/r skin,
making a line on the edge closest to
you. Roll it up, folding in the left and
right corners (like burrito). Continue
with the rest.
This is a great way to use any fresh
produce you may have in the fridge.
This recipe is:
Vegan, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Casein Free, Vegetarian, Organic.
Here are some dipping sauce ideas: Peanut butter with a dash of soy sauce
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup sweetener
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce or Tamari
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
2 minced garlic cloves
Warm until vegan sugar dissolves, whisk and chill. You can add hot sauce or pepper flakes
- (All produce should be organic and washed.)
- 1 package spring roll skin (found in Asian grocery and contains only rice)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (with stems )
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (red onion is an okay substitute)
- 1 handful bibb lettuce (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 fresh avocado
- and chopped
- juice of 1/2 line or 1 1/2 tablespoon bottled juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
+ Add Comment or Review
Suppose you had to eat either chicken or beef for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Way to go!
Insert the HTML code below into your blog or website to proudly display your achievement.